[mythtv-users] OT: Making image of Windows install for backup?

Iain Buchanan iaindb at netspace.net.au
Thu Sep 3 05:12:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 23:13 -0400, Bobby Gill wrote:
> > snip
>
> Thanks a ton for all the suggestions fellas, I will show him the
> options and see what he's willing to shell out. Great help!

don't know if it's been mentioned but I use selfimage, although the
website appears to be down currently:
http://selfimage.excelcia.org/

you can still get it from download sites like
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/SelfImage.shtml

It does live images, works from XP & Vista, compresses empty disk space,
and can do bzip2, gzip, save across a network and lots of other
features!

It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong direction.