[mythtv-users] Virtualisation in the home network -- ready for mainstream?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:26:16 UTC 2009

One other consideration (what I use) should be openvz. This is
basically a chroot jail that offers independent networking so that the
guests look as independent machines from the host. I use this heavily
at work also at home on the mythtv box. Although myth is on the HN
(hardware node), I do have a cvs/svn server on one guest and a mail
server on a second host. One nice thing about openvz is that you will
not notice the performance hit in the guests unlike every other
visualization technique I have ever used (vmware, kvm, virtualbox,xen,
qemu,bochs).