[mythtv-users] Mythtv users with Comcast HD cable boxes (Chicago?)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Sep 3 19:32:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Kevin Hill<khill at vnetwork.com> wrote:
> If I get an HD cable box, can it
> downconvert 720p and 1080i content to 480i widescreen svideo output I could
> record with the pvr 500 and at least reclaim a full 720x480 pic on
> widescreen content?

I'm not aware of any ability to convert to anamorphic widescreen formats.

> Also, can anyone in the Chicago area confirm if there are any of the
> extended basic channels available from the firewire output?

I get them from Comcast here in New Jersey, but I've had problems
getting a stable firewire connection.  I'm still using the old
firewire drivers though.  Most channels usually record, but some just
don't.

> do current boxes all have firewire out?

Most do.  They're required by law to provide you one if you ask for it.

Eric