[mythtv-users] OT: Making image of Windows install for backup?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 22:51:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:

> Being a very scarce user of Windows I am wondering if I can get a
> recommendation for software to make a disk image of a Windows partition for
> a friend, it is his laptop with XP. He has an external hard drive he pops on
> via USB, and with his even more limited knowledge he needs something that
> will work on a regular schedule.

Not specifically an image-automation utility, but I thought I'd bring up
DeltaCopy which implements the rsync protocol for Windoze.

http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp

I have a cron job on my backend that kicks off and backs up the important
files on my family Windoze box.  So far it's worked very well.

/Brian/