[mythtv-users] OT: How do i install djmount in Ubuntu

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Fri Sep 4 05:16:21 UTC 2009

Hello MythTVers,

I would like to install djmount on my Ubuntu frontends (both 8.04 and
9.04) to access content from a PlayOn UPnP server.  Somehow I thought
this would be a 30 minute task, but 3 hours later I've not
accomplished my goal.

The only information I can find in the Ubuntu forums seems to be very
dated.  Does anyone have pointers for current versions?

The ./configure output indicates a problem with FUSE, but I have
verified in Synaptic that FUSE modules are installed.

checking for FUSE...
checking FUSE_CFLAGS... -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
checking FUSE_LIBS... -lfuse
checking whether FUSE_CFLAGS and FUSE_LIBS work... no
configure: error:
** Can't find fuse library (or it is too old).
** try to configure again
 - using --with-fuse-prefix=DIR if the package is installed in
   non-standard location DIR/include and DIR/lib,
 - or set the FUSE_CFLAGS and/or FUSE_LIBS environment variables
   before calling 'configure',
 - or add the directory containing 'fuse.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
   environment variable for pkg-config.

Thanks for any help!
-Mark