[mythtv-users] mythtv and ITV HD

M SHERBORNE msherborne at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 4 12:48:48 UTC 2009

Although I haven't patched mythtv to watch ITV HD live, I have told myth that channel 10510 is ITV HD, and it appears on the epg and I can record programs. The recorded files won't play in myth (no surprise there I guess), but I can use ffmpeg to put the recording into an mp4 wrapper without changing the audio/video, and it plays (sort of - sound sync is way off in gnome mplayer). SO the question is how do I transcode the recording into something that myth recognises and will play? Would there be a way of putting this into a user job and automating it?

I think the ffmpeg command line was:-
ffmpeg -i inputfile.mpg -acodec copy -vcodec copy outputfile.mp4