[mythtv-users] What processor?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:26:49 UTC 2009

> In order to keep power consumption low, is there a AM3 motherboard with
> integrated video capable of running VDPAU decently? I don't believe I need
> the greatest deinterlacing.  Nvidia-based AM3 boards seem to be hard to come
> by since AMD+ATI merged.  A cheap AM3 motherboard is around $70-$90, but
> comes with ATI graphics.  I could add a 9500GT add-in card, but who knows
> what the total power footprint would be.

I think the best integrated nvidia with an AMD board is the 8300. I
believe it is basically like an integrated version of the discrete
8400. I recall people saying that it works fine except that like the
8400 you can't do Advanced 2x deinterlacing.  This is the only board
on newegg that had AM3 and an 8300:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131382.