[mythtv-users] upnp playback on PS3 - audio track selection and subtitles
mika at trantor.se
Sat Sep 5 09:15:53 UTC 2009
> Question? All your recording's play,and you get audio? I have been
> trying to get my PS3 to work,but i get no audio...
> I did find a media server called Python Media server,that work's pretty
> good if you don't mind installing Java..It works quite well and you can
> even stream ripped DVD's with no studder..
> If you did get myth recordings playing with out trancording could you
> fill me in on the details?
I have about 300 recordings and I got it working this week so I have
only tried a couple, like 10 recording. Movies from Canal+, HDTV
material from SVT, cartoons and some other things, but the sound has
The only things I did was.
- Introduce a path in "VideoStartupDir"
- Add upnp in verbose command line option
- Add a route for my internal nic (route add -net 188.8.131.52/8 eth4)
Please note that I only use DVB recordings (anysee E30C), I have no
PVR-150 card (or similar) or any software encoding cars. So, I guess
that must of my recordings are very similar, except from SVT HD.
My versions are :
- PS3 runs firmware 3.0 (I think, I have a slim and the latest firmware)
- Gentoo linux kernel linux-2.6.27-gentoo-r7
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877 USE="aac alsa dvb mmx perl
python (-altivec) -autostart -debug -directv -dvd -fftw* -ieee1394 -jack
-lcd -lirc -o pengl
-xvmc" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -via" 0 kB
Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests
>>> Emerging (1 of 1) media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877
* checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...
[ ok ]
* checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...
[ ok ]
* checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...
[ ok ]
* This profile has not been tested thoroughly and is not considered to be
* a supported server profile at this time. For a supported server
* profile, please check the Hardened project (http://hardened.gentoo.org).
* This profile is merely a convenience for people who require a more
* minimal profile, yet are unable to use hardened due to restrictions in
* the software being used on the server. This profile should also be used
* if you require GCC 4.1 or Glibc 2.4 support. If you don't know if this
* applies to you, then it doesn't and you should probably be using
* Hardened, instead.
* This ebuild now uses a heavily stripped down version of your CFLAGS
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking mythtv-0.21_p20877.zip to
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877/work
>>> Preparing source in
* Applying mythtv-0.21-ldconfig-sanxbox-fix.patch ...
[ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in
* Running ./configure --prefix=/usr
* --libdir-name=lib64 --enable-libfaad --disable-altivec
--disable-audio-jack --disable-xvmc-vld --enable-glx-procaddrarb
* --enable-x11 --enable-mmx --with-bindings=perl,python
--compile-type=profile --cpu=k8 --disable-distcc --disable-ccache
# Basic Settings
Compile type profile
Compiler cache no
install prefix /usr
runtime prefix /usr
CPU x86_64 (k8)
MMX enabled yes
CMOV enabled yes
CMOV is fast yes
# Input Support
Joystick menu yes
lirc support no
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support yes
FireWire support no
DVB support yes [/usr/include]
DBox2 support yes
HDHomeRun support yes
IPTV support yes
# Sound Output Support
PulseAudio support no
OSS support yes
ALSA support yes
aRts support no
JACK support no
libfftw3 support no
# Video Output Support
x11 support yes
xrandr support yes
xv support yes
XvMC support no
XvMC VLD support no
XvMC pro support no
XvMC OpenGL sup. no
XvMC libs -lXvMCW
OpenGL video no
OpenGL vsync yes
Fribidi formatting no
# Misc Features
multi threaded libavcodec yes
Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak
WARNING: When using --arch=X or --cpu=X you must include the
output of ./configure along with any bug report.
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in
* Processing qmake mythtv.pro ...
If you like you could send me a recording. I cloud then try to play it.
My guess is however that it will also fail. As you can see have I not
done any tweaks on my mythtv.
More information about the mythtv-users