[mythtv-users] CPU usage with OpenGL Painter

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 20:43:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Robert
McNamara<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Michael Rice<mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it ok to use the Qt painter with Graphite?
>
> Not if you want it to look correct.  You will see major, ugly clipping
> issues if you do.
>
>  I am pretty sure you
>> said to use the GL painter
>> but the 100% CPU usage when idle is a bit annoying.  What can I expect
>> using the Qt
>> painter with Graphite?
>
> When you fix it.  ;)  Failing that, when someone with the expertise to
> fix it does so.

I wasn't asking when it would be fixed... I've been around here long
enough to know the answer to that question.  :)

I was just wondering what kind of things wouldn't work with with the
Qt painter.
I haven't noticed any problems yet.

I did notice that hitting enter on an item in the upcoming recordings
list brings up a broken dialog
but that seems to happen with both painters (rev 21680).  That a known issue?