[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu screen saver starting during Mythvideo playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 6 22:22:10 UTC 2009

On 09/06/2009 06:13 PM, Dennis Cartier wrote:
> I seem to be having a hard time getting the screensaver to not blank
> the screen during mythvideo playback.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this? I had to add MKV support and HDMI audio to
> the mythvideo setup, so I may have messed something up in the process.
> Just thought I would check first before trying to debug this on my own.

Myth calls gnome-screensaver-command --poke every once in a while during
playback (or xscreensaver-command -deactivate for those using
xscreensaver).  You need to ensure that you have a sufficiently high
timeout set, though...  IIRC, either 1 or 2 minutes can cause it to trip
sometimes (based on some post I half remember from a long time ago).  If
you're running Myth as a different user from the user running X, you'll
need to work out permissions.

Mike