[mythtv-users] POLL *** How many people on the list are running UK combined Freeview and Freesat setups?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 7 08:16:31 UTC 2009

2009/9/7 Mark Parsons <mythtv.org at thesanitarium.org.uk>:

> On 7 Sep 2009, at 00:17, Another Sillyname wrote:
>
> Mark
>
> Do you use an infra red under LIRC for your remote?
>

> Yes - I've got an Antec Fusion wih built-in VFD and IR, which although the
> VFD doesn't yet work consistently, the IR receiver plays happily with my
> Logitech Harmony One remote... albeit after a *lot* of fiddling.
> I used to have one of the Hauppauge remote things, but didn't like it very
> much - either the remote, or the extra cable an IR detector.

Mark

I've sent to you my lircrc file that includes the ability to call up
the menu from the remote control, it means you can change your video
source without having to use the keyboard.

For example during playback I hit my * (star) key to call up the menu
and that allows me to either do my advert edits or change source from
terrestrial 0 to terrestrial 3 (my physical tuners) all using the
remote.

Hope you find it useful.