[mythtv-users] POLL *** How many people on the list are running UK combined Freeview and Freesat setups?

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Mon Sep 7 09:44:05 UTC 2009

2009/9/6 Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com>

> I think there's only about a dozen of us but I'd be interested to see
> if it's more and what set-ups people are running.

I'm a UK user too with both Freesat and Freeview.  I've got two NOVA-T's
with the dual tuners, and I've also got a DVB-S card for my Freesat
(Basically BBC HD).  Using 0.21-patches from JYA's repo for all the lastest
VDPAU goodness.

How does ITV HD appear in mythtv, is it basically another channel you can
tune in with scheduling info from Radio Times?

Also, which advert detection are you using?  I've never seen it work
properly in the UK.

Cheers,
Steve.