[mythtv-users] Why did you pick MythTV VS the other PVRs?

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Tue Sep 8 01:16:01 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:

> If they give you a hard time, tell them the receiver is installed in an RV,
> you might lose the ability to order some of the premium sports packages, and
> the ability to order PPV with your remote (you'll have to call them and pay
> more), but nothing else bad should happen.

My DirecTv receiver is installed in an RV, and has never been hooked
to a phone line in the 10 years I have had my subscription. I am not
allowed to take any of the sports packages; however, I can elect to
get ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox from both New York and LA. That gives one a
lot more options for seeing/recording their programming.