[mythtv-users] recordings stop early

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:05:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM, nik gibson<nik.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an extremely frustrating problem.  About 50% of the time I'll
> be watching a recording and 5 minutes before the end mythtv will think
> it's done and stop the show prompting to delete or save the recording.
>  If I replay and fast forward to the same spot the recording will
> continue 1 - 2 minutes past the previous end and then again stop
> prematurely.  If I start and fast forward the recording 3 - 4 times
> I'll finally be able to see the end of the show... Painfully this only
> happens during the final conclusion of a show.  My wife is about ready
> to throw the myth box out the window.
> . . .

I'm positive you are describing the issue I reported here:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6448  Disable the "prompt at end of
playback" function and your recordings should play all the way to the
end (tell your wife I will accept chocolate chip cookies as thanks).

As you remarked this bug impacts HD-PVR H.264 recordings a lot worse
then mpeg-2 recordings.  Though it still does end playback of mpeg-2
recordings 4-5 seconds early.  So most of the time you never notice
with mpeg-2.