[mythtv-users] PVR250 playing up after 5 years

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 8 17:08:27 UTC 2009

On 09/08/2009 06:38 AM, Guy Dawson wrote:
> I have an FC3 / Myth 0.18 box which has worked more or less flawlessy
> for years. It has never been updated, based on the philospophy 'if it aint
> broke...'
>
> Anyway, it has stared playing up.  All too often it fails to record
> SWMBO's favourite show, and I get it in the neck.
>
> The sypmtoms are various, but all roads seem to lead to the PVR250
> encoder, which seesm to hang, stop interrupting, etc.
>

> Anyone out there seen anything similar?

I went digital OTA before my PVR-x50's gave out (and I actually gave
them away to someone who could use them).

But, I will say that there are quite a few deals on used PVR-150's on
ebay in the US thanks to the digital transition, so you could probably
get a replacement PVR-150 for $30 or less (including shipping).  At that
cost, it's probably worth trying--and if you find out it's not the card,
once you find the real problem and fix it, you'll just end up with an
extra tuner.

Mike