[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.22 problems with mythtv-setup

Jan Burgmeier jan at jb-eng.de
Tue Sep 8 18:57:33 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, den 08.09.2009, 14:07 -0400 schrieb Michael T. Dean:
> On 09/08/2009 01:55 PM, Jan Burgmeier wrote:

> >> Looks like your database settings are broken--I'm nearly positive your
> >> system's hostname is /not/ '0'.  :)

> >> Just because you mentioned Gentoo, did your database upgrade proceed
> >> properly?  Did you have any corruption issues?  Did you follow
> >> instructions at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ,
> >> if necessary?
> >>
> >> If you had any problems, these may be the true source of the issue.
> >>
> > I didn't follow this guid I droped the whole mythconverg database and
> > recreated it with the my.pl script.
>
> I'm guessing (hoping?) you mean the mc.sql script?  Unless my.pl is just
> some script which wraps mc.sql.  If it's some other script that tries to
> do the same as mc.sql, it's possible it may have set some things up
> incorrectly.
>
> However, starting over from scratch should work--assuming you do so
> properly (with mc.sql).  :)
>
> >  Then I ran mythtv-setup which
> > creates all tables in mythconverg. But if I try to change some settings
> > through mythtv-setup it overrides the whole table with garbage as shown
> > above. The settings table is within the mythconverg database and has
> > nothing to do with settings of the mysql server.
>
> Yes, by, "Looks like your database settings are broken," I meant your
> /MythTV/ database settings--i.e. those specified by config.xml and/or
> mysql.txt.  You'll need to find every single copy of those files on your
> system and make sure they're correct (as different ones are used in
> different contexts).
>
> If it turns out all your config.xml and mysql.txt files are correct, you
> may just be suffering from something like
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6887 , where after that problem
> occurs, the internal variables holding the database information may get
> reset and become garbage.
>
> Please try updating to the latest trunk, as some fixes went in recently
> (in [21726]) which may make your system more stable/less likely to
> encounter problems which could result in the symptoms you're seeing.

Yes I meant mc.sql.

There are no mysql.txt or config.xml expect the one in ~/.mythtv
and /usr/share/mythtv/contrib/config_files.

So I tried the new version (21738) and the result was the same. I
dropped the mythconverg database and recreated it. When I start
mythtv-setup for the first time I get many errors like this:

2009-09-08 20:43:23.560 DB Error (Insert Keybinding):
Query was:
INSERT INTO keybindings (context, action, description, keylist,
hostname) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ? );
Bindings were:
:ACTION=UP, :CONTEXT=Global, :DESCRIPTION=Up
Arrow, :HOSTNAME=archaon-router,
:KEYLIST=Up
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...

all in the table Keybinding.

Maybe its a bug qt-sql?

Jan