[mythtv-users] OT: How do i install djmount in Ubuntu

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Sep 8 20:35:53 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 14:24:39 Mark Boyum wrote:

> Are you using a 64-bit OS?  I ask as I am unable to get djmount to
> work on my Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit system even though it did compile.  My
> myth box is running Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit and djmount works there.  I
> found other people having problems with 64-bit as well.

That could be my problem, I am indeed running 64-bit, both the Lenny system
and the kubuntu box.

Dang, I thought we were past all this 64-bit trouble over a decade ago when I
was running Alpha systems. Of course back then if you could get it to compile
it would generally work.

You would think that since 64-bit machines have been out for a considerable
time we wouldn't have this sort of crap still happening.

I've got a P4 Pundit running 32-bit Ubuntu, guess I'll try it there.

Thanks for the tip.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org