[mythtv-users] Issues with HDMI after TV Turned off

Norm mlists at dressler.ca
Thu Sep 10 00:07:07 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have been running a Daytek 37" LCD for a year and half.    I recently
decided that I will try and get the HDMI to work properly.

The system has the following:
(**) NVIDIA(0): TV Standard string: "HD1080i"
(**) NVIDIA(0): ConnectedMonitor string: "DFP-0"
(II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU GeForce 8400 GS (G98) at PCI:2:0:0 (GPU-0)
(--) NVIDIA(0): Memory: 524288 kBytes
(--) NVIDIA(0): VideoBIOS: 62.98.29.00.00
(II) NVIDIA(0): Detected PCI Express Link width: 16X
(--) NVIDIA(0): Interlaced video modes are supported on this GPU
(--) NVIDIA(0): Connected display device(s) on GeForce 8400 GS at PCI:2:0:0:
(--) NVIDIA(0):     PYX 26LCDTV (DFP-0)

I have never been able to see the system boot up with HDMI.  The screen
only becomes visable after the X-Display comes up.  I can watch TV and
everything is great from that perspective.

When I shut off the TV after viewing and turn it back on later, 4 out of
5 times the video won't come back.  I have to issue the /etc/init.d/gdm
restart to restart the X display and when I do that, 4 out of 5 times
the video will come back and I can view it yet again.

I have disabled the gnome-screensaver - it is not running.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Any suggestions on how to
resolve this problem?  If you need more information, please ask - I
would be happy to provide.

Thanks
Norm