[mythtv-users] video: multiple images inside frame

znoteer at hailmail.net znoteer at hailmail.net
Thu Sep 10 02:06:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 15:56 -0400, "Michael T. Dean"
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 09/09/2009 03:46 PM, znoteer wrote:

> > # lspci -v
> > (...) (this is a PVR-350)
> > 00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
> > MPEG-2 Enc

> > (...)
> > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8
> > KM266/KL266]
> >

> Are you using the PVR-350's TV out?  If so, make sure you're /not/ using
> the PVR-350 hardware decoder--instead use the PVR-350 Xv support.  Note
> that even then, the PVR-350 support may be causing issues.

No, I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Though
I do have a TV connected to the output of the pvr-350
card, the TV screen remains blank.

> If you're using the on-board ProSavage VGA, that may also be the problem.
>
> Most likely it's video driver problems.  Can you test with a different
> video card?

My first attempt at setting up the box was with
an nvidia agp card.  Selecting watch TV always
locked up the box hard:  no kbd, no mouse, no
ssh access from the outside.

The solution ended up being to flash the bios,
but before I got to that, I'd removed the add
in card and started using the onboard savage
device.

That being said, I did try it again with a
different agp card (ati this time) and an
ati pci card.  The box didn't lock up, but
mythfrontend crashed after a couple of
minutes of bogging down the box (sluggish
jerky mouse, waiting for ages for a kbd
key press to do anything.

Would my problems with the savage driver be
a bug that I should report or is driving a
signal from the ivtv card simply outside the
capacities of the savage h/w?

I think what caused the problems when testing
the agp and pci cards just now was related
to the IDE interface and IRQ.  lspci -v
reports the irq of the IDE controller as
being 255 which I believe is not a valid
IRQ.  When I tried to shut down the box
after both failed addon card tests, I got
io errors to sda6 which is the partition
that recordings get saved to.

Thanks for taking a crack at this,

dave

  znoteer at hailmail.net