[mythtv-users] How do you use the commercial skipping function?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Sep 10 11:28:09 UTC 2009

Steve V <olivuts at yahoo.com> says:
> Play the recording, go into edit mode (E on the keyboard - or use
> the menu) then Z to load the commercials breaks, etc to return
> to play mode. This seems a bit cumbersome and also from a remote I
> have to setup a button to map to Z to load the breaks as I couldn't
> find any other way to laod the breaks.

Button overloading is your friend. In the key bindings settings page,
bind the remote buttons you use to manually skip forward/backward
through commercials to TV Editing|CLEARMAP and LOADCOMMSKIP.

> Is anyone using other methods regularly, successfully and with high WAF?

Just myself-approval factor for me, but I prefer a) no autoskip and b)
no notification. I simply push the skip-forward button at appropriate
times, and that's that.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array