[mythtv-users] Video sometimes missing

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Sep 10 13:47:39 UTC 2009

Quite often when I click on a recorded program I get sound, but just the
gui background pattern instead of video. If I quit the recording and
just select it again, I almost always get the normal video and sound.

This is on Ubuntu 9.04, and I can also get the video back without
restarting the playback just by switching back and forth between virtual
desktops.

I see this on two different frontends, both running 9.04 with Intel
graphics. It look like a timing issue on whether X server maps in the
gui background or the video memory, and generating an exposure event
just gives it another shot at getting it right.

I'm running the myth trunk, and this has been going on for months. It is
more correlated to updates in the OS and X server and Intel video driver
than changes in myth.

Is anyone else seeing this?