[mythtv-users] CityTV in Toronto never shows up on a full digital scan - HVR1600

Randy Rossi randy.rossi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 23:27:52 UTC 2009

Hi.  I have MythTV 0.21 with two HVR1600's installed.  Everything is working
fine except I never seem to be able to pick up CityTV here in Toronto after
performing a full scan.  My TV can tune it fine so I know the signal is
there.  In fact, I have a direct line of sight to the CN tower and I'm only
6 km away so its definitely not a signal strength problem.  I've tried two
antennas and even if I put nothing but a paper clip in my TV's coax in, I
get the channel okay.  But neither of the HVR1600's ever detect it.  I pick
up 26 other channels just fine but no CityTV.  I've tried to add a transport
manually (UHF Channel 53 @ 707000000hz) but still nothing.  I'm just
wondering if anyone out there has had CityTV show up on Myth using the
HVR1600?  Thanks.