[mythtv-users] Pal/NTSC switching ?

John reidjr at btconnect.com
Fri Sep 11 09:54:12 UTC 2009

I am in a PAL country (UK) and I output to my CRT TV over S-Video. All
of my recorded content is PAL, and most of my videos. However I have
some Videos that are NTSC, or at least at NTSC refresh rates. Playing
those at 50Hz works, but the frame juddering is annoying.

I can manually change xorg .conf from

Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"  to
Option "TVStandard" "PAL", and back restarting gdm every time, but thats
not very neat.

Is there any way to switch from 50/60Hz TVstandards on the fly ?

Serious googling has leads to lots of hits for ati drivers that suggest :

xrandr --output S-video --set tv_standard ntsc (or pal)
will do the job on a radeon card, but nothing for nvidia.

??