[mythtv-users] HDMI input from set top box

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Sep 12 15:46:18 UTC 2009

On Saturday 12 September 2009 09:29:40 Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> Very cool - but only 1080i ?  Seems like 1080p would be a minimum?!  (I
> assume most HD sat/cable feeds can be 1080p).  Is there a 1080p version of
> this?

I'm not aware of any cable or satellite service that provides 1080p material,
except with some of their downloadable products, for which you would not need
a capture solution.

The only sources of 1080p I can think of are Blu-Ray rips or some downloadable
material.

There is no equivalent to the HD-PVR that will do 1080p that I'm aware of. The
lack of source material is probably the reason.

The HD-PVR was originally designed for ATSC, which is 1080i at best. I've
never encountered a 1080p QAM source.

With a good VDPAU de-interlacer I doubt you would notice the difference
between 1080i and 1080p.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org