[mythtv-users] I'm sure I'm not setting up my recordings the best way.

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Sep 12 16:43:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:56:06PM -0400, Johnny wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, are the playback groups still a work in
> progress? When I first learned about them I thought it would be a way
> to set up most of the settings you can change in the playback menu
> (e.g. aspect ratio, fill, zoom, close captioning, commercial skip,
> etc). But it only lets you change time stretch and skip times. It
> seems like it would be easy and intuitive to have these other settings
> in the playback groups. Since I am not actually doing the code I am
> not trying to tell anybody what to do. I have just always found the
> purpose of the playback groups a little confusing.

The playback groups feature is complete in that it does everything it
was intended to do.  Specifically, that was to set the skip forward
amount based on the sport and set the initial timestretch for news
programs.  The feature was designed to be extensible, though, in case
anyone else wanted to add other settings to the mix.  So far, no one
has done so.

Davdi
--
David Engel