[mythtv-users] Remotux Beta Testing

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 22:37:59 UTC 2009

Hello again,

Last year I developed MyMote, an iPhone/iPod Touch remote for MythTV.
I've been working on a new app, and I would like to get a few people
to test it out. I'm bringing this up here on mythtv-users because I
believe there are many people on this list who could benefit from it.

I recently unsubscribed from cable TV, and I'm just watching local
channels and content on Hulu.com. However, there's no great interface
for using Hulu, especially on the Linux platform. As a work around,
I've developed a server, rinputd, and an iPhone app, Remotux, that
will transform the iPhone into a remote keyboard and mouse. When you
connect to a Linux remote input server the app initially displays a
blank screen. In this state you can think of it as a remote touch pad,
like what you use on a laptop. When you tap the screen with four
fingers a keyboard appears. Anything you type here will be sent to the
server as keyboard events. It's just like having a mouse and keyboard
for all of your computers in your pocket!

Features:
* SSL security and username/password authentication
* Single touch mouse clicks and cursor movements
* Double touch scrolling (both axes) and secondary mouse clicks
* Triple tap acts as a third mouse button
* Full ASCII keyboard, 12 function keys, media keys, and control keys
(shift, ctrl, alt, meta)

If this app interests you, please consider being a beta tester. I am
looking for a few individuals who:

1. Run Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.4) and are able to install packages
from a Launchpad.net ppa without needing extra help
2. Have an iPhone or an iPod touch, any generation, and can send me
the device's UDID for ad hoc provisioning

I am only interested in a few testers at this point. Please send any
request to test to chasedouglas at gmail.com. After I receive enough
testers I will respond to this thread letting everyone know.

Thanks again!
Chase Douglas