[mythtv-users] Notification of conflicts

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Sun Sep 13 14:43:36 UTC 2009

Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>, said on Sun Sep 13, 2009 [03:21:17 PM]:
} Hi,
}
} Now the Mythbox has come into very regular use with the other half,
} the number of programmes being recorded has trebled and so we're now
} getting conflicts.
}
} Is there a script, plugin or option for Myth that notifies you (via
} email?) of a conflict. This app could be triggered on each new
} recording schedule modification / schedule update so that you're
} notified each time the scheduling information changes, or on a crontab
} task.
}
} A simple email with links into mythweb to show the conflict issue
} would be nice; but a notification that there are conflicts to review
} would be sufficient.
}
} If it doesn't exist I would be interested in writing something like
} this however; Although it shouldnt be too hard to create something
} like this in php or python I know the scheduling engine is quite
} complex so I doubt a simple SQL query would be sufficient.
}
} So does this sort of thing already exist?
}
} thanks
}
} Rich
} _______________________________________________

I run this once a day from cron:

#!/bin/csh

set result=`/usr/local/src/myth_trunk/mythtv/contrib/info/misc_status_info/myth_upcoming_recordings.pl --recordings -1 --no_show_scheduled --plain_text --heading '<h3>Recording Conflicts</h3>' `
#                           --no_conflicts_message 'No\n' `

if ( "$result" != "No conflicts." ) then
  echo "$result" | Mail -s "Mythtv recording conflict" heistand >& /dev/null
endif

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org