[mythtv-users] HDMI input from set top box

Russ Van Winkle russ.vanwinkle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 23:54:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> I'm not aware of any cable or satellite service that provides 1080p material,
> except with some of their downloadable products, for which you would not need
> a capture solution.

I had originally thought that DirecTV and Dish had both advertised
their PPV products to be available in 1080p, but on investigation it
seems this claim only applies to their 'on-demand' movies.

These are, I suppose, 'downloadable products' in the strictest sense,
but I think you're still required to view them via the satellite
receiver, thus still needing a capture device for Myth.

--
Russ D. Van Winkle