[mythtv-users] fanart question

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 04:57:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I'm saying is unless the themes apply the exact same series of
> effects to them, one theme will just load a new copy instead of using
> the other one, because the cached image filename literally contains
> the effects applied to it.  Example:
>
> myth:--Fanart at 192.168.0.99:6543-Battlestar Galactica (2003) Season
> 0_fanart.jpg-masked-1360x768.png
>
> Graphite applies a mask, so this is the cached file.  Contrast with Terra:
>
> myth:--Fanart at 192.168.0.99:6543-Battlestar Galactica (2003) Season
> 0_fanart.jpg--1360x768.png
>
> Which does not apply a mask.  So what I'm saying is copying the images
> from one to the other will serve no purpose other than to take up more
> of your hard drive space.  You won't prevent caching of new copies of
> images.

Ahh ok, I miss understood thanks for clearing that up.  For now I'm
just using a hybrid anyway, Graphite as a base, but Terra for the
video manager and Recorded program view cause I quite perfer Terra,
but when navigating the settings menus I can't tell which selection
I'm on.  That's totally OT though.  Anyway, thanks for the info, makes
sense.