[mythtv-users] svn socket errors

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 14 15:29:57 UTC 2009

On 09/14/2009 11:17 AM, nik gibson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 09/14/2009 01:32 AM, nik gibson wrote:
>>
>>> Since upgrading to the latest weekly 0.22 build I get a ton of
>>> mythsocket error and my HD-PVR stopped working completely.
>>>
>> Without mythbackend --version output, you're severely limiting the
>> number of people who know enough to provide a useful response.
>>
>> My apologies.  I'll make sure I include it in future posts:
>>
> /etc/mysql# mythbackend --version
> Please include all output in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 21831
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Network Protocol : 48
> Library API      : 0.22.20090912-2
> QT Version       : 4.5.0
> Options compiled in:
>  linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_backend
> using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb
> using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
> using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync
> using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
> using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live
> using_mheg

Well, you have all the fixes up through r21726 and including [21771],
which contains the last of the fixes for the known socket issues.  What
kind of physical configuration do you have (number and location of
systems running MythTV apps, including MythWeb--i.e. single combined
frontend/backend/MythWeb machine, dedicated backend with dedicated
frontend and MythWeb running on backend host, ...)?  Does this seem to
always happen or only when using MythWeb?

Mike