[mythtv-users] UPnP Client?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Sep 14 16:57:05 UTC 2009

On Monday 14 September 2009 10:48:23 Mikael Carlsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > MythTV UPnP support is currently focused around the UPnP
> > media server that is part of mythbackend i.e. people are
> > using it to serve up their mythtv content to other media
> > players such as PS3s. There is no special configuration
> > required to get this up and running - for the most part it just works.
>
> I have a PS3 slim and I am playing mythtv recordings with great result.
> There is just one small item, I can not get the subtitles to work. Any
> ideas what might be causing this? Is it related to PS3 gameOS or to mythtv
> upnp limitation?

Are you talking about subtitles or captions? There is a difference. Even if
you decide you mean captions, there are the older NTSC closed captions and
the newer ATSC replacement. Subtitles are often in a seperate file, and can
be ripped off of a DVD or the like into a .srt file, which I know Myth can
use but I'm not sure about the PS3. Mplayer knows how to use a .srt file, but
I know that won't help you.

There have been some posts here about this matter, I don't recall what the
bottom line was, however.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org