[mythtv-users] UPnP Client?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Sep 14 17:22:55 UTC 2009

On Monday 14 September 2009 11:07:22 Mikael Carlsson wrote:
> > Are you talking about subtitles or captions? There is a
> > difference. Even if you decide you mean captions, there are
> > the older NTSC closed captions and the newer ATSC
> > replacement. Subtitles are often in a seperate file, and can
> > be ripped off of a DVD or the like into a .srt file, which I
> > know Myth can use but I'm not sure about the PS3. Mplayer
> > knows how to use a .srt file, but I know that won't help you.
> >
> > There have been some posts here about this matter, I don't
> > recall what the bottom line was, however.
>
> Sorry about that, I am not familiar with the difference, nor the name
> caption. There are no .srt files in my mythtv storage. I am only using
> DVB-C recordings. As I understand it the subtitles/captions are a part of
> the DVB stream. My subtitles/captions works just fine on a mythtv frontend.

I meant that the text can be stripped out of the stream and stored as a .srt
file, which Myth knows how to use, but I don't know if a PS3 would know what
to do with it.

I'm not familiar with the various DVB formats (typical yank attitude, if it
doesn't pertain to me I ignore it).

Hopefully someone more familiar with this can help out.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org