[mythtv-users] Whoa, what the? Upcoming recordings suddenly shows I have nothing scheduled?!

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Sep 15 04:14:43 UTC 2009

Bobby Gill wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us
> <mailto:gull at gull.us>> wrote:
>
>     Bobby Gill wrote:
>
>         I just loaded up the FE and all else seems to be ok, but the
>         Upcoming Recordings shows nothing, just "You haven't scheduled
>         any programs to be recorded." I checked the BE log and it shows
>         nothing out of the ordinary. I'm befuddled...
>

>     Usually when this happens to me, it means one of my MySQL tables is
>     crashed.  Try running the repair/optimize script.
>

> Thanks David, I actually hadn't used that script so I will now on,
> however the problem was I forgot that I rebooted for the first time in
> about 3 months, so the capture cards were not at /dev/v4l/video0, but at
> /dev/video0. All is good now.. thanks again.

Oh, yeah.  You know, I think that happened to me once, too, except that
it was my two video capture cards switching places.  One is a frame
grabber and the other is a MPEG encoder, so they don't work too well
when swapped. ;)

Now that I think about it, a crashed table should have logged an error
in the backend log, so your database is probably fine.