[mythtv-users] HDMI over IP

Fa fayoeu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:19:18 UTC 2009

Just thought the people on this list might be interested in this new
product...  I am not endorsing it, I just think it is an interesting
product.

http://justaddpower.com/VBS-Suite-for-High-Definition/82-HDMI-over-IP-Transmitter/flypage.tpl.html?pop=0

The Projector Connector™ HDMI/IP allows you to simultaneously send out an
HDMI 1.3 Signal (up to 1080p) to one or more HDMI video projectors or LCD
Panels and return an IR Control Signal to the source using CAT5/6/7 cable
over a standard Ethernet infrastructure. Can be used to distribute HD
digital content from multiple sources to up to 200 displays on a LAN by
cascading Ethernet switches up to 3 levels, allowing the farthest display to
be located up to 1,000’ away from the 1080p source device while sustaining
excellent picture & sound quality. Each device is installed using 1 piece of
UTP or STP cable. AV signals are transmitted digitally over the CAT5/6/7
cable without any signal loss. The integrated Scaler function allows
different input and output resolutions up to 2048x2048 (different output
displays can be at different resolutions). The IR send/receive function can
be used to remotely control the HDMI source device from any receiver.

NOTE: Support for multiple transmitters requires a Managed network switch
with VLAN/IGMP support. Standard LAN switches can only support 1
transmitter.