[mythtv-users] Simple Remote

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Sep 17 23:37:17 UTC 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 17:28:24 bit maelstrom wrote:

> > If she could truly understand the explanation she would be smarter than
> > most
> > of us.
>
> Very possibly. But her facilities lay more with languages. (She can
> understand about two dozen.)

Hmmm, I'm struggling with Attic Greek, after running out of available Latin
classes. Sometimes I wonder if I really understand English.

Many people who are whizzes at languages are good at math as well, they are
both symbolic representations of things.

> > Actually I can see such a feature being useful to many folks. Often the
> > TV is
> > used to "fill time", and it might be nice to have a button to just pop up
> > a more or less random show, from a selection of not-too-bad ones. This
> > could be
> > modified to prefer shows that will expire soon.
>
> Going back to music you could do a shuffled set of music videos, for the
> MTV-circa-1982 feel.

Yeah, I don't think they had more than a dozen or so videos at that time.

But Martha whats-her-name would be in her fifties today.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org