[mythtv-users] UPnP and Mythtv Frontend

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Sep 19 20:23:45 UTC 2009

On Sep 19, 2009, at 3:53 PM, David Highley <dhighley at highley-recommended.com
 > wrote:

> By the way I did get the Mythweb working with Selinux as well and Dan
> Walsh was going to see what needed to be done so other would not
> need to
> fiddle with Selinux policies.

Yeah, fixing that has been on the todo list for a while now... I
should have Dan wander over to my part of the 3rd floor in the office
one of these days and hadh out the fix... Need to talk to him anyway
about some selinux/lirc issues too...

> Now I have enabled UPnP and the backend as well as the frontend only
> system seem to know this. The frontend system is not able to connect
> the backend.
> QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
> Database error was:
> Host 'redwood.highley-recommended.com' is not allowed to connect to
> this
> MySQL server

You haven't set up mysql on the backend to allow remote connections.

--
Jarod Wilson