[mythtv-users] 9400GT PCI - No Overscan - Odd!

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 22:22:10 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Overscan is an S-Video thing.
>
> Curious, why do you say that? Overscan existed every since TV was
> invented. My curent CRT overscans the input straight from analog
> cable. So I actually see more with my PVR-150 recordings than I do
> with regular TV because I have mythtv set up to scale things. I have
> overscan problems over component also. Some people even have overscan
> with HDTV LCDs with HDMI inputs. Overscan is a property usually of the
> TV and sometimes of the video card or device driving it. I haven't
> seen it generally associated with S-video or any other particular
> connector.

Sorry, I was distinguishing it from the RGB and DVI outputs of the video
card.  The overscan function in the nVidia video card only worked on the
card's TV output which I erroneously called S-video.  This applies equally
to composite and component.  It did not work on the RGB or DVI outputs.  I
should have been more clear.

Allen