[mythtv-users] Testing the remote/receiver

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Sun Sep 20 07:52:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 12:49 +0100, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Mike McMullin wrote:
> >   I have an Hauppage PVR-150 card with the 350 remote.
> > I know the remote has worked in the past, but for some reason it's not
> > being seen at all.  irw reports no codes when I aim the sender at the
> > reciever and press buttons, it had before.  The batteries in the remote
> > test out fine.
> >   Is there a way to check the receiver with another remote?  (I have
> > several including one universal.  Also is there a simple way to check
> > the remote itself to see if it is sending out a signal?
> >
> A digital camera or a webcam is one of the best ways of doing this. They can
> usually see into the infra-red.

  The webcam worked perfectly, I started with a remote that I know
works, and then tried the 350, which also worked, then i shipped the
hardware over to a windows system and WinTV, and viola, it worked fine
in the software, so I have the same problem on my MythBUNTU9.04 install
as on my openSuSE11.1 install, it's just not seen, even by irw, when in
the past it had been