[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings and Fanart

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 20 21:16:49 UTC 2009

On 09/20/2009 04:40 PM, Ian Forde wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 15:51 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 09/20/2009 02:17 PM, Ian Forde wrote:
>>
>>> Something about Watch Recordings has been broken over the last few days
>>> for me.  It takes an inordinate amount of time to scroll through show
>>> listings (using Graphite).
>>>  And no - if I
>>> go from one to the other then back, I don't see a themecache speedup...
>>>
>> See the entire thread at
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/397248
> Hmm... I read it originally, then re-read it at your suggestion to see
> if there was anything I missed.  Just for grins, I confirmed that I'm
> using actime=0,

I'm assuming you actually have actimeo=0 (with an o for out as in timeout)

Regardless, try it without actimeo=0.  Some have reported it as making
this better.  It may break LiveTV for you, but, meh, it's LiveTV...

>  the clocks are correct (I'm NFS mounting
> ~mythfrontend/.mythtv/MythVideo), and not explicitly setting block
> sizes.  So I made it a local directory instead, and its definitely
> faster.  But the thing is that using NFS for this seems to be the
> logical option, no?  Then the themecache would contain a local copy,
> yes?

The themecache is wherever your $HOME/.mythtv directory is.

Mike