[mythtv-users] Bad recordings when watching LiveTV and the select record

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 01:39:38 UTC 2009

I'm running trunk on Mythbuntu 9.04 using the latest weekly builds
with a PVR 150. I'm having am issue with watching recordings that were
recorded when watching liveTV. For example, I'm watching a show and I
decide I want to record I hit the record button. I exit LiveTV and go
into the WatchRecordings screen and when I attempt to view the
recording I get these errors in the frontend log.

2009-09-20 18:31:49.599 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
2009-09-20 18:31:49.868 AFD Error: Could not find decoder for codec
(Unknown Codec ID), ignoring.
2009-09-20 18:31:49.869 AFD: codec MP2 has 2 channels
2009-09-20 18:31:49.869 AFD: Opened codec 0x1b44a20, id(MP2) type(Audio)

Once the recording has completed, I can't view the recording as I get
the same errors above. I can also tell the recording isn't going to
work because the thumbnail is completely black. I can watch the
recording in VLC or Mplayer without issue. I also notice that the OSD
screen can get lost so I'm not sure if this is related. When I say
lost, I'm on channel 115 and when I pop up the OSD it goes to the
first channel like 2 instead of 115.

Anyone else seeing this?