[mythtv-users] Persistent horizontal artifact ? Interlace artifact.

Oz ozdror at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 21 05:32:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

I would appreciated any help with a problem that I have not been able to
solve.

I have a moving horizontal line artifact when there is a fast moving
scene. It goes away when freezing the image.
It is almost as if the computer cannot keep up with the motion. But the
CPU is far less then 100% It is in the teens

OS: Ubuntu 9.04  Mythtv 0.22 Video card Nvidia 8600gts or 9600gt

I have the same problem if the source image is in 720p or 1080i.
 either from ATSC (1080i) tuner card or HDPVR(1080i or 720p) as tuner.

The Nvidia mode is setup to 1080p (the TV is 1080p)
   It is either auto detected or because of the option in Xorg.conf :
Option         "metamodes" "DFP-1: 1920x1080_60 +0+0"

VPDAU is enabled.
The problem occurs in all deinterlaced options. The problem occurs in
720p without deintrlacing.

If I set the nvidia mode to 1080i will this solve the problem. (what is
the metamode option for 1080i, on dvi output?)

-Thanks