[mythtv-users] MythWeb Listings - strange date

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:52:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Drew Gilbert <gilbert.drew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>   This morning I wanted to use MythWeb to set up a recording. When I
>> go to the listings page the date at the top is today and the listings
>> are today. Good so far. In the upper right there is a time and date
>> area where you can jump to another date or time. Unfortunately in that
>> area it has today's date but says the year is 2000, not 2009. There
>> doesn't seem to be any way to type in the current date.
>>
>>   Everything on the status page looks correct.
>>
>>   How can I get MythWeb back to the correct date?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>
> Just a thought, is your master backend's date set correctly?  Are you using
> ntp to set the time?
>
> On the status page, machine information, what date is shown on the line that
> starts:
>
> "Last mythfilldatabase run started on "
>
> -Drew

Hi Drew,
   Yes, the system date is correct. It shows up correctly on the
MythWeb backend status page, it shows up correctly using date in a
terminal. It's only wrong on the Listings page, and then only in the
upper left corner where you attempt to jump to a new date and time.
This same page has the right date at the top left where it says:
"Currently Browsing: Mon Sep 21, 2009, 04:45 PM". Granted, that date
is probably jsut where the database is pointing at list data and not a
real date, but it always matches when it 'should' be in the sense that
it's right now and what I want to say. It's just the box at the right
which is totally hosed.

MacMini ~ # date
Mon Sep 21 16:48:20 PDT 2009

MacMini ~ # /etc/init.d/ntpd status
 * status:  started

   I think I'll look at uninstalling MythWeb and then reinstalling it.

- Mark