[mythtv-users] Audio sync problems with HD-PVR

Gary Kakazu kakazu at tds.net
Tue Sep 22 01:35:33 UTC 2009

The audio & video in recordings from my HD-PVR are out of sync. I
tried running the latest firmware (1.5.6) but the problem was a lot
worse. It would start off OK, but the delay would increase as the
recording got longer. I downrev'd the firmware and the delay is less,
and stays constant but still noticeable (and annoying). Does anyone
else have this problem? Any suggestions?

My backend is:
Intel E5200
ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard

Fedora 11

$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 21666
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 48
Library API      : 0.22.20090829-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg

Thanks for any help,

Gary