[mythtv-users] Burning HD programs to Blu-ray

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:30:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:27 PM, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've googled quite a bit and have found no answer.
>
> I have some programs I recorded in HD over the air (ATSC) in the
> United States.  I would like to keep these programs archived in high
> definition (it was Obama's inauguration, so several hours).  I would
> ideally like to burn them to Blu-ray.
>
> So, the questions are:
>
> 1) What is the process of burning these to a Blu-ray disc?
>
> 2) Is it possible to do this without transcoding them?  If so, how?
>
> 3) If I only care about playback on a PS3, does that make the task any
> easier?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- John

Not sure how you can do this in linux but I know support for bluray is very
low in linux.  I would just copy it to a windows box and author it there.
 Also, if you are truly archiving the recording i would follow a formats
spec and not  specific player.  10 years down the road you most likely wont
have a PS3 but will pry have a BD player.
my 2 cents

Mitchell

--
Mitchell