[mythtv-users] myblaster and multiple dish STB's

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:50:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Jeff <junk_inbox at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Ajay Sharma <ajayrockrock at gmail.com>wrote:Ajay,
>
> I currently run 3 Dish STB's feeding Hauppauge tuners S-video and composite
> audio.  I have each of my receivers set to a different IR codeset, and
> control them with a single IR 'blaster' with 3 eyes.  One receiver is set to
> code 1, the 2nd to code 6, and the 3rd to code 9.

What make/model IR Blaster do you use?  I'm using the the serial 'myblaster'
which is sold by a now defunct company but at the time it was the only thing
that worked for me.

> See page 27 of this manual on how to change the remote control address on
> the receiver.  (It's not your exact model, but all dish receivers have the
> same setup menus.)   Note that it requires a working remote control to do
> this... ;-)
> http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/user_guides_and_manuals/510/Chapter2.pdf

If the procedure is "hold down the SAT button until the 4 buttons light up,
then hit the new address, then hit pound, wait for the SAT button to flash 3
times, and finally hit record" then yeah, I've got that.  :)  Apparently I
did it so many times last night it's now committed to memory.

> I believe codes 1-9 are "IR" codes, and higher numbers are "UHF" codes, so
> I'd just stick with 1-9.  And as previously noted, I used 1, 6 and 9 in my
> configuration (not sure why I skipped 3, but oh well!  ;-) )
>
> Then configure your channel-change scripts to match for each receiver.

See my channel changing script goes off of codesets that look like "0167"
and not 0-9.  So I'm not sure what those 4-digit numbers represent, but I
have a list of them that should work with Echostar receivers.  But I don't
mind switching out the whole IR thing just to get this to work.

> If you need more specific info, I'll be glad to share it with you.  ;-)

Thanks!  I'd really like to know about your IR blaster and your
channel-changing scripts.

--Ajay