[mythtv-users] No audio during SD playback

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 23 15:16:54 UTC 2009

A Desai wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have a Zotac board, with nVdia ION. I am using ALSA 1.0.21 drivers
> with the following config in Setup/General:
>
> * ALSA:default
> * pass through:  -- Tried default, ALSA:default, ALSA:spdif, ...
> everthing it had
> * AC3 to SPDIF checked
> * AC3 to DTS checked
>

> However, I keep getting no audio during any of my SD playback. All my
> HD playbacks have normal audio. Am I missing something? Can someone
> please help?
>
> Thanks,
> Ash.

What are you using to record your SD programs?  The reason I ask is
because I have a pcHDTV5500 card, and in the card setup for the analog
portion, which would be the SD programs, I had to make sure the internal
sound device for the card was right.  In my case, it was /dev/dsp1.  I
incorrectly had /dev/dsp and I would have video but no audio.  Switching
it to /dev/dsp1 made it work for me.

Not sure if that applies in your case, but it could be something to look
at.  Hope it helps.
Harry