[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

bit maelstrom dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:37:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:22 PM, leifontheroad <leifontheroad at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Just to complete this thread in case anyone else is having this same
> issue...
>
> I accidentally upgraded to trunk a few days ago (meant to stay on
> .21-fixes, but I accidentally enabled the wrong mythbuntu repository --
> oops), and with .22, I'm no longer seeing the remote delays. Not sure what
> component actually caused this issue to get "fixed" (ivtv, lirc, mythtv,
> etc.), but I haven't seen it reoccur and it was very reproduceable on my
> myth machine running .21-fixes.
>
> Oh! I'm having that problem, too. .22 seems to fix it, but you don't know
how?

Very weird problem. Had it a bunch a few months ago and it just started up
again recently. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with CPU usage, though
it acts like that (i.e., like the machine's so busy it's just queuing up
commands without doing them and then suddenly responds to all of them).

===Blake===