[mythtv-users] myblaster and multiple dish STB's

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 04:43:43 UTC 2009

William wrote:
> Ajay Sharma wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Jeff <junk_inbox at verizon.net
>>
>>     A Serial IR blaster won't work with a USB-to-serial adapter, sorry.
>>     [snip]
>>     If you insist on USB, you'll have to shop around for a
>>     lirc-compatible usb blaster.  (note: not a USB->Serial adapter, a
>>     purpose-made USB attached IR blaster.)
>>
>> Will something like this work?
>> http://iguanaworks.net/product1.psp
>
> No that will not work. It only produces signals at 38kHz which is not
> compatible with dishnet which uses 44kHz. Dish is a difficult beast to
> control which is why the MyBlaster was so popular. (I wrote the control
> script that everyone uses.) Since that company is out of business you
> are pretty much stuck with a commercial or homemade blaster running on a
> serial port. ASAIK there are no usb based blasters that will control
> dishnet.

Hi William, yes, I've been using your myblaster script MANY years.  Did
you read this entire thread?  Because my original problem is that I
can't get my myblaster to work right.  I have two receivers and they
both respond to the same Device Code (0167).

Do you know if changing the Dish Network Remote Address has anything to
do with the Device Code that the settop box "listens" on?  If the answer
is "no", then do you know how to get my receivers to only respond to one
Device Code?

receiver 1:  responds to 0167
receiver 2:  responds to 0167 and 1086

Thanks,
Ajay

PS.  Sorry to include you in the CC list, I just really need an answer
to this because everyone is out of the house this week and it's the only
time I can do my television "experiments".   :)