[mythtv-users] valuing electricity savings

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:37:16 UTC 2009

On 25 Sep 2009, at 06:50, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> Gavin Peters wrote:
> So, the question is, can you put together an HD-capable MythTV
> system for $240?  (For that matter, where I live electricity is
> $0.10/kWh, so I'd have to do it for $120.)

An ion based board sounds like it would get near to ball park, you
might need to recycle bits (eg case).

FYI but lecy costs are probably nearer .30$ average in other places
and you are assuming 0% price inflation over the life of the thing.
Successfull myth boxes ted to be left working and have a longer life
than an average pc.