[mythtv-users] NVIDIA Reinstates Overscan Correction - GeForce 8 and higher

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:02:26 UTC 2009

My nvidia-settings-190.36 appears to support this:

jmd0 john # nvidia-settings --query=OverscanCompensation

  Attribute 'OverscanCompensation' (jmd0.comcast.net:0.0; display device:
  CRT-1): 0.
    The valid values for 'OverscanCompensation' are in the range 0 - 100
    (inclusive).
    'OverscanCompensation' is display device specific.
    'OverscanCompensation' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

jmd0 john # nvidia-settings --assign="OverscanCompensation=5"

  Attribute 'OverscanCompensation' (jmd0.comcast.net:0.0, display device:
  CRT-1) assigned value 5.

jmd0 john # nvidia-settings --query=OverscanCompensation

  Attribute 'OverscanCompensation' (jmd0.comcast.net:0.0; display device:
  CRT-1): 5.
    The valid values for 'OverscanCompensation' are in the range 0 - 100
    (inclusive).
    'OverscanCompensation' is display device specific.
    'OverscanCompensation' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

jmd0 john #

This is on gentoo. I put the ebuilds in my overlay last night.

http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay

John